The garage door is a very important part of your home. It helps you store your car and other vehicles and it also protects your family from any dangerous elements.
The best way to ensure that your garage door is always in good shape is by getting it serviced regularly. Regular garage door maintenance will help you save on costs as well as time and effort. In this article, we’re going to look at the tips and tricks for proper garage door maintenance.
Tips and tricks for garage door maintenance
Garage door maintenance is important because it helps to prevent your garage door from breaking down and malfunctioning. The following tips are some of the best ways for you to maintain your garage door:
1. Inspect the various components
You should inspect all the critical components of a garage door properly and timely. These include:
- Springs: Springs are an important part of every garage door. When they wear out, so does your garage door. You should inspect them regularly to make sure they are in good shape and will not break easily if someone hits them with a vehicle.
- Cables: Garage doors usually have two cables attached to them: one cable in the middle that holds it up and another one that runs under the ground and pulls down with a motorized opener on top of it.
- Moving parts: Tracks, rollers, and pulleys are the most critical moving parts. They can also wear out over time if they get damaged by rain or snow or if they become dirty due to oil spills.
2. Check for leaks
A simple way of checking leaks is by taking a flashlight and shining it up into the bottom of your garage door. If you see any water dripping down, then you will need to fix that problem immediately. You can also use a garden hose or even a bucket if necessary.
3. Lubricate the garage door tracks
One of the most important things that you should do when it comes to garage door maintenance is lubricating your tracks regularly. This ensures that they remain in good shape, which means they won’t wear out quickly or get damaged over time.
There are several different types of lubricants that you can use, such as oil and grease, but what matters most is how much you use them and how often you apply them. The best strategy is to use enough lubricant so that it doesn’t drip off onto the floor.
Garage doors are one of the most important parts of your home. If you want to keep your garage door in good shape, it’s a good idea to take care of it regularly.
Hopefully, the tips and tricks we provided will help you keep your garage door working properly.
How much repair and maintenance a garage door requires also depends on its quality and ultimately, the manufacturer. Choose good traditional garage doors Canada from Richards-Wilcox and say goodbye to frequent maintenance!